Yesterday I packed my gym bag and headed out to my first Strong Woman competition. I had no idea what to expect… I had been lifting heavy for the past 2 month in preparation for it but in reality I really had no idea if I would be ready.
It was an absolute blast! I didn’t win overall but I did put up a good fight, winning in the Farmer’s Carry and the 50 yard dash. It was even more amazing because everyone clearly thought of me as the “underdog” since I was the smallest by 30 pounds… just goes to show that size doesn’t determine strength!
Here are the events I competed in:
- 115 lb Deadlift (2 minutes time limit) = 36 reps (the winner did 39)
- Piledriver = opposite of Tug-a-war
- 45 lb bicep curl (2 minutes time limit) = 12 reps (not so hot)
- Axe hold = Lateral hold till failure
- Farmers Carry (2 minute time limit) = how far can I go with 70 pounds in each hand = winner
- 50 yard dash = winner
It was such a great day. Even if I didn’t win, to walk away saying I did it and did the best I could made me feel proud and accomplished. I had an amazing support team in Dan and my mom and everyone out there was great at pushing me and helping me go further than I thought I could.
Am I sore today? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!
For the next month, I am changing it up a little to lift lighter weight for higher reps since I have a push-up contest at the end of the month.
Here are some pictures from today