Yay for Monday!
I know that sounds crazy to celebrate a Monday, but hear me out:
For the past 4 days we’ve seen nothing but rain and clouds. I am keeping my fingers crossed that with the start of a new week will also bring in some new weather. I feel like I was transported to Seattle and I want to go back to Charleston, ASAP!
So I am excited for some sunshine in my life! At least I stayed busy to keep my mind of the sogginess outside.
I was given a challenge the other day from Dan: Come up with 30 different burpees, because let’s face it we all LOVE burpees, right?
I managed to hit the target which I’ll be sharing later this week, but for today:
- I want to share with you my top 5 burpees and I am going to say that the chances of seeing these before are pretty slim.
- After burpee time, let’s talk soy. Why don’t I eat 99% of soy? How the heck is it possible to be an anti-tofu vegan? Oh it’s possible, but you have to watch to find out.
Lifting Revolution’s Fitness & Nutrition Show
5 Burpee Variations You’ve Never Seen
1. Plyo Push-up Burpee.
2. Triple Jump Burpee: Squat jump, lunge jump, lunge jump… oh yea.
3. Up-Down Burpee (also called a hell-raiser)
4. Divebomber Burpee (Click to see details on a divebomber)
5. DB Pull Burpee (use a 20lb + weight)
The Problem With Soy
No, I don’t drink soy milk or eat unfermented soy products. Well, I should clarify, if I am at a restaurant and all they have is tofu for a vegan option, I go with it. Moderation is key.
About 6 months ago I wrote a report on soy beans and human consumption and thought I would share a few pages with you (for the whole report, check out Calorie Revolution, part of Fit Womens Weekly).
Phytic Acid Stops Nutrient Absorption:
Do We Want MORE Estrogen?
As I mentioned here are a few great vegan recipes I’ve come across lately that don’t use tofu!
Black Bean And Potato Nachos: http://ohsheglows.com/2013/04/08/black-bean-and-potato-nacho-plate/
Teriyaki Tempeh & Shitake Mushrooms: http://www.veganricha.com/2013/05/teriyaki-tempeh-and-shiitake-mushrooms.html