My friend Jeanette passed this recipe on to me and even though it sounds crazy it taste delish! The best part of it is that they are completely clean and with under 130 calories in each one they make for a great sweet treat at the end of the day.
Who would have thought beans in brownies but I am serious when I say don’t judge until you try them! I didn’t take any pictures but I will this week and post them up!
- 1 – 15 oz can black beans
- 2 – spotted banana
- 1/3 c – agave nectar
- 1/4 c – unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw sugar (optional) I used the packets and put about 5 packets in
- 1 tsp salt (optional) I didn’t use it
- 1/4 c – instant oats
The sugar should be added based on the ripeness of the banana. The
riper it is, the sweeter it is. Omit sugar with very ripe bananas, add
with less ripe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a standard 9-inch square pan and set aside
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the oats in a food processor and blend
- until smooth, stop and scrape the sides as needed
- Stir in oats and bake for approximately 30 minutes until a toothpick
- comes out clean
- Cool and slice
Makes 9 squares
Calories from Fat: 8
Fat: 0.9 g