Bodalicious Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup garbanzo flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut oil*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
*Garbanzo flour is just ground up chickpeas. It has a great flavor. I suggest give it a try to minimize flour use… but if not substitute with 1/4 cup oats and 1/4 wheat flour. Directions:
- In a small sauce pot, toss in your blueberries and 1 tbsp of honey… heat on medium stirring regularly until berries start to juice and burst. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven at 400 F
- In a large bowl mix together oats, flours, baking soda.
- In another bowl beat together milk, egg whites, oil, vanilla extract and honey
- Add wet mix to dry and stir.
- Pour mix into a floured baking pan (mind was 9×9), pour berries evening over the top and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool and cut into bars.