Food Allergies On The Rise And Nobody Is Safe… Thanks Government

Drinking water is really good for your body. In fact I constantly tell my clients to drink more water and tea. However, I just recently learned that I could be inadvertently causing an increased probability for food allergies.

A new study shows that regular tap water, even bottled water contain a chemical that is used to chlorinate it and this chemical causes increased food allergies to those who are sensitive.

Contaminated Water

Thanks Governments For Poisoning Us Yet Again… Here’s The Breakdown:

Dichlorophenols is a chemical used in pesticides and to help chlorinate water. Water is chlorinated to help keep it clean from bacteria and other nasties. But this “cleanliness” comes at a price.

“Our research shows that high levels of dichlorophenol-containing pesticides can possibly weaken food tolerance in some people, causing food allergy,” said allergist Elina Jerschow, M.D., M.Sc., ACAAI fellow and lead study author. “This chemical is commonly found in pesticides used by farmers and consumer insect and weed control products, as well as tap water.”

The Study:

According to this data, in a US Health and Nutrition Examination Survey from 2005 to 2006, which surveyed 10,348 people… 2,548 had dichlorophenols measured in their urine. Of those people 2,211 were included in the study.

A food allergy was found in 411 of these participants and another 1,016 had an environmental allergy. I am assuming that an environmental allergy is pollen, pets, materials in the air or things that touch skin. Makes sense right?

With this data, the researchers have been finding a positive correlation between food allergies and pesticides and other chemicals in our environment.

We Should All Use Bottled Water Then – It’s Purified by Osmosis!

Wrong :(

Bottled Water Is Just As Bad

According to the researchers and their tests on bottle water, it’s the same. But this doesn’t surprise me because not only does bottle water have this issue because most bottled water is just tap water… but it’s also sitting in plastic for a long time.

Plastic is very dangerous to our health. That’s another topic and study for later.

These researchers are obviously concerned about this, but they warn against veggies and fruits which have been treated with dichlorophenols. They seem to produce food allergies with great potency. It’s a direct hit and more concentrated on fruits and veggies. Another great reason to eat organic if you can. (Use your local farmers market!)

What Can We Do?

I have no idea what we can do. It sounds like we can’t do much of anything. This kind of stuff really pisses me off. I hope one day big corporations will not be involved in government. It would help everything.

Keep in mind that food allergies can be very minor but also very severe… like death. You can get your blood work done and be tested for allergies by visiting your local doctor.

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Mary July 22, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Wow! Thanks for all the info you provide. I recently started filtering (PUR or Britta type filters) because of my houseplants. I’m usually pretty good with plants–orchids and many other things (I did go through a phase of “black thumbs and fungus fingers”) but everything was not doing well. Had to conclude the one things they all had in common–water. The next thought, of course, what’s it doing to my husband and me? It’s bad enough that we have to be aware of everything in our food, GMOs and all, but geez–water? I’m with you on your thought of “Thanks Government.”

Reply

Leave a Comment