I don’t know about you, but after a long week of being really good with my nutrition, I normally enjoy a sweet treat on Fridays.
Most Fridays, Dan and I enjoy a date night at home. I spend more time on myself (hello make-up), on dinner and on a Friday “Sweet Treat”. On rare nights we don’t have some sort of dessert, Dan looks up from a clean plate and asks, “no dessert tonight?”
You don’t have to twist my arm! After all, when I say dessert, I mean a Taylor Dessert. It’s still full of flavor and deliciousness but without all the sugar, flour and crap that comes with traditional treats. So if he asks, who am I to deny?
This past Friday, I presented this…
Oh yes, and it was as good as it looks.
If you love creamy ice cream, chocolate peanut butter crust, and the sweet flavor of honey then friend, you are going to LOVE these!
And it doesn’t hurt that they are vegetarian and gluten-free!
Chocolate Chip Honey Ice Cream Cupcakes
I am obsessed with my large silicon muffin molds from World Market. They have made my life so much easier when it comes to recipe creations! Of course you could do this in even a pie pan but I would line it with parchment on the bottle to help remove the cake!
Makes 4 ice cream cupcakes.
- 1/3 cup raw peanuts
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops stevia (or 2 tbsp coconut sugar)
- pinch of salt
Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, soaked in warm water 1-2 hours
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Start off with the crust. Melt the chocolate and oil in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften. Put all ingredients into a processor or blender and blend until chunky and paste like. Use your hands to put a 1/2 inch crust in the bottom of each mold.
- Place in the freezer while preparing the ice cream.
- Next for the ice cream… blend everything together EXCEPT the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth. Add chips and pulse to incorporate.
- Pour the ice cream on top of the crust. Freeze for ~30 minutes to set. If you freeze for more than that, you might want to remove from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving to allow them to soften up.
Once the cupcakes are all set and ready to serve, feel free to get creative. Drizzle with hot chocolate sauce, chopped nuts, coconut, etc.
Do you have any Friday traditions?
Aside from our dinner date, we normally end up relaxing with a glass of wine and a movie!