A friend of mine made me this bread at Christmas time. It was delicious, and I loved it even more since she told me it was clean. No reason to feel guilty. I am pretty sure that between me and Dan the loaf was gone in 48 hours! I asked her for the recipe the next time I saw her to share!
This is a great holiday gift, great to take to parties and even better just to enjoy yourself.
Healthy Banana Bread With Dark Chocolate Chips
What you need:
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
What you do:
- Mix the wet ingredients until smooth… in a seperate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Add: 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (65% cocoa or higher) and the same amount of dried cherries if desired.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan (muffin tins work too) and pour in batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (less for muffins).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan on oven rack… remove to allow to completely cool before removing from pan.
- This is freezable if you want to save for later!
Do you have a healthy recipe you want to share? Send it to me at email@example.com!