How Do I Celebrate The Holidays?
Sorry, this has absolutely nothing about fitness today. But it’s a lot of fun regardless!
My Christmas Story…
I found this survey and it brought back memories of my best friend Amber sitting around filling things like this out when we were kids/teenagers. And I decided what better way to share my love of Christmas!!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love hot chocolate and I love egg nog but between the two, plus my love of clean eating the hot chocolate wins. I make my own that is less than 75 calories and delicious!h.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps presents and delivers them Christmas morning to my parents house. My parents are great, they treat Christmas the same as they did when we were little kids.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Both… I have our real tree set in the living room with white lights, which is what I prefer. So classy and angelic! But my husband, Dan, loves colored lights so I have a second tree in the dining room with colored lights for him.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, though every year I say I will.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? This is a tough one but I think my favorite food would be my mom’s homemade fudge… not necessarily a dish but a holiday staple.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? There are so many wonderful memories, christmas has always been important in our home, but as a kid the best memory would be trying to plan a way for my brother and I to get to our presents without waking up my parents… we would wake up at like 3 am to tip top down stairs.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean? Santa lives in all of us!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to open up a special gift from my dad after Christmas Eve mass as a kid but he won’t let us do that any longer.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Dan and I have a collection of gorgeous ornaments, one for each year we’ve been together plus some great ones we received as wedding gifts. They are all from the Old World Christmas collection. I then fill in with butterflies and peacocks… I am slightly obsessed. For the smaller tree in the dining room, this gets regular balls and and random ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I will let you know after I spend my first Christmas in Philly.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes… Dan was a hockey player in high school so we sometimes go to the local indoor ice rink and skate for fun.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes… my engagement ring two years ago!
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family and friends. It’s important to remember what the Holidays are all about and not get wrapped up in the commercial parts (though I do LOVE buying gifts for people).
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? This is a tough one because I bake every year… overall it has to be my mom’s fudge but my own favorite to make are decorated sugar cookies and biscotti.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I have a ton growing up, but now my husband and I started a new one together… he buys a Christmas book and wraps it up. Christmas eve it gets left under the tree so we can open it and read it out loud together. I love this. We hope that our kids will appreciate the early gift from Santa one day when we have them.
17. What tops your tree? A silver bow.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving for sure! I love buying gifts for people and watching them open them up.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum, especially if dipped in dark chocolate.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Movie? I have a lot but here are just three… I love White Christmas (watch it every year), I love Love Actually, Elf, and Charlie Brown Christmas!
21. Saddest Christmas Song? The one about buying the Christmas Shoes… I turn it when it comes on the radio.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Baby It’s Cold Outside (Martina McBride); and Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas