Oh those two… I truly hope they get their acts together. I won’t lie back in the day I was a big Brittany fan. When I was a teenager she was hot stuff!
I did see that Brittany is now a judge on the X-Factor. Okay so I didn’t see it (because we don’t watch tv) but I did hear about it on Bob & Tom’s morning show.
At least she is trying, and I guess the same can be said is Lindsay Lohan, I think she was just given some new roll in some upcoming movie… I don’t know because I don’t really care to be honest.
What I do know is that they would love to make a real comeback and I think they would be green with envy from this one! Speaking of green, make sure to check out the lovely green surprise I served up to Dan below!
Bring It On!
Well, after 7-weeks I decided that today was my day to make a comeback and tell the streets of Charleston that they had not defeated me (it was these same streets where I hurt my knee during the Bridge run).
At 8:00 am, I laced up my shoes, put on my knee brace and decided a 3.1 miler was in order! The weather was freaking amazing with it being a chilly 68-degrees and overcast. Of course that meant that every other runner in Charleston was also taking advantage and giving the old roads a beating. Which I loved… I have missed giving little smiles and 1/2 waves to fellow runners.
Okay so I may not have given the streets a beating, and I may not have run my fastest or even my “normal” pace but for taking the time off I did manage to pull off the run in under 29 minutes (my previous normal time was around 26 minutes).
But it was good enough to help me realize that I am just fine and that this knee is all good!
It’s taken time I won’t lie. In the gym, in the house, looking up at the staircase to walk up to my condo but screw it, I won’t let all of it slow me down any longer.
I’m back and in charge!
How To Make A Comeback:
- Wait for the okay from your doctor. If he said take 4-6 weeks off, do it. Trying to speed your recovery time only slows it down.
- Listen to your body. If something doesn’t feel right, it’s not. So don’t do more than your injury wants.
- Accept fear. I think I stared at a 24-inch box for around 3.3 minutes yesterday until I built up the courage to actually jump from the ground to the top. It’s okay to be worrisome about getting back into the “groove” be patient with yourself and don’t let the fear hold you back.
- Tell your injury to go screw itself. Don’t sit around wondering “oh, will I be able to ___ again?” Instead say, “when I can do ____ again, I am going to do it better than ever before.”
Maybe it was that last tip that convinced me to sign up for my first (and probably only) 1/2 marathon.
Just 13.1 Miles Between Me And A Finish Line
That’s right, I bit the bullet and signed up for a 1/2 marathon in October, the 21st to be exact! It’s the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon and I will be doing it with a fellow boot camper. Having someone I know do it too will help keep me on track and motivated to stick to a training schedule.
What’s my training schedule? When I figure it out, I will let you know!
What I do know is that I am thinking I am crazy since I also have the USMC Mud Run the week before. October will be a fitness challenger for sure. But I am confident that I can handle it all!
The Matcha Green Surprise
Speaking of green what do you think of the dessert I served up after dinner last night?
I’ll share more details about it on the next post, but I will say it was mighty delicious! It also has a little something-something that has been proven to raise your metabolism! Now that’s a dessert I can go for.
- What do you think about Brittany being a host on the X-Factor?
- Do you think these girls will ever be able to get back to their former fame?
- What’s the weirdest dessert you’ve ever tried?