How You Can Live 4.5 Years Longer Even If You’re Not Rail Thin & In Shape
The quest for youth is a billion dollar industry in this country. But it’s not just our modern times where this quest seems to be soaked into people. Even hundreds of years ago, people in Europe would do crazy things to stay young and live longer.
Now such a miracle exists and from early stage testing, it has helped people live an average of 4.5 years longer no matter if they were already in shape or obese.
Sounds amazing doesn’t it? So what is this new miracle?
Check out this study before you roll your eyes and continue your quest for some magic pill.
Researchers led by the National Cancer Institute found that mild physical activity increased life expectancy gains by as much as 4.5 years.
They examined data on more than 650,000 adults. The people were mostly age 40 and older and they took part in one of six population based studies that were designed to evaluate various aspects of cancer risk.
When it came to measuring physical activity, there were the levels.
- Moderate physical activity: those where the person could talk but not sing.
- Vigorous physical activity: those where a person could only say a few words without stopping for breath.
Going through all the data, the researchers did take out data that would account for other factors that impact life expectancy.
Here’s The Official Data… And It’s Good News!
- People that got the recommended levels of physical activity dictated by our Government (who trusts those people?) saw an average uptick of 3.4 years.
- People that did twice the recommended levels of physical activity saw an increase of 4.2 years.
- Even those people who did only half of the physical activity recommended saw an increase of 1.8 years.
Recommended Level of Exercise: 2.5 hours per week of moderate physical activity or 1.25 hours per week of vigorous physical activity.
Bottom Line: Exercise Doesn’t Just Help You Lose Weight… It Keeps You Alive!
That’s a pretty incredible study with some amazing data.
Even if you workout half the recommended time, you’ll see a benefit. Imagine what happens when you really adopt a fitness lifestyle?
You can probably be pushing 6 years of added life, plus all the other amazing benefits that only exercise can bring to your body and life.
Try your best to forget about weight loss and think of exercise as what keeps your physical body alive and kicking. With good nutrition and movement, you can become unstoppable.
Get Stronger Everyday!
Here is the link to the actual study as well if you want more details: