OMG, I am so excited for all the stuff going on right now! Dan and I are literally busting our butts (in a good way) to bring some great stuff to the table…
And while these will look awesome on your table:
That’s not quite what I meant.
For my Birthday you might recall that my present was a new camera! I am super excited but it’s on back order until June (insert sad face)… and while it’s going to be an awesome camera to have in my purse for on the go pictures, we’ve always wanted a SLR camera for blogging, Art of Weight Lifting images, cookies, and video making.
And today we got one!! Dan got the Canon Rebel T3i… I don’t know what that really means but I’m really excited none the less.
I can’t wait to see all the things we can do with it, but since the instruction manual is the size of a novel, it’s going to take some time to see just everything this bad boy can do!
But one thing I know, is that it will help me show you, my amazing readers, just what’s going on in my “revolutionary” lifestyle (okay, a little hokey, but you get the idea)!
We played around with it at dinner time, and here’s what came out!
Is your mouth watering yet? These “meatballs” aren’t meatballs at all… so don’t worry I am still vegan!
In fact, it was really funny when Dan walked into the kitchen, looked down at the skillet and asked if he was having meatballs, what was I having! I just smirked and let the dinner speak for itself!
I let Dan dig into first, always searching for some food criticism, I was thrilled when he looked up and said they were really good.. score!
- Vegan Meatless Meatballs
- Roasted Beets (Farmers market find)
- Lima Beans
VEGAN MEATLESS MEATBALLS
- 1 can black eyed-peas, drained
- 6 oz of tempeh (I used organic, with wild rice)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp basalmic vinegar
- Jar spaghetti sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Organic)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Steam tempeh for ~10 minute to soften, remove from heat and allow to cool so you can handle it. Crumble it into small pieces
- Mash or process beans until smooth (I stuck them in my blender for ease)
- In a large bowl, mix together everything except onions, sauce and oil.
- Use your hands, to make golf ball size “meat”balls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on med heat, add onions until heated through.
- Add “meat”balls to the pan. Cook ~3 minutes, until browned on bottom, use a wooden spoon to roll them over, cook on all sides.
- Lower heat to med-low and pour sauce over the top. Allow to simmer for about 5-10 minutes, moving the pan to shift the “meat”balls around regularly.
- Remove from heat and serve!
- What was the last thing you were really excited about?
- What’s your favorite side dish for a hearty dinner?