Lentil Bowl With Pasta and Super Greens
- 2 cups lentils (uncooked)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 pound quinoa bow tie pasta*
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek (white and green parts only, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds and rinsed)
- 1 cup baby brussel sprouts, quartered (optional)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 8 oz baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
*If your store doesn’t sell quinoa pasta, whole-wheat is fine)
**OPTIONAL:You can also add in a diced chicken breast to this recipe if you want.
- In a sauce pan combine lentils, 1 garlic clove and 2.5 cups of water. Bring to a boil on med-high heat. Reduce heat to med-low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, until lentils are tender. While that’s going on prep the rest of the mail. When lentils are done drain, toss out garlic and sit to the side.
- Cook pasta according to directions, once done, remove from heat and sit aside.
- Mince the rest of the garlic. Heat up a large saute pan and oil at Med heat. Add garlic, leeks, thyme and sprouts, stirring often. Cook until leeks and sprouts are soft ~5 minutes.
- Add in your lentils, and pasta. Scoop in about 2 tbsp of the pasta water and toss everything together.
- Last, add in spinach, tossing to wilt the spinach and serve it up!