I’ve actually talked a lot about how your mental attitude towards your weight loss and healthy living aspirations affects the success you get. In fact I have a huge section of this devoted to improving mental outlook in my Quick Start Guide which you get when you sign up for my blog. Make sure you do that!
Here’s the basis for the study:
Researchers at the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research analyzed data from over 7,000 people.
They found a direct correlation that those people who believed they could control their healthy outcomes by their own actions…
- Ate healthier food and less food overall.
- Exercised more and on a consistent basis.
- Less likely to be smokers.
- Less likely to be binge drinkers.
On the flip side, they found that people who had an outlook tied to faith of being lucky or being subject to faith were unhealthy.
So What Does That Really Mean?
It comes down to personal responsibility really. Those people that believed they were responsible and in control of their bodies acted like such. They exercised and ate better because they knew the benefits it would have for them.
These people did not accept their current state as “just the way it is.” They actively did something each day to keep improving their lives.
On the other hand…
The other people believed that it was fate they were overweight or obese. That there is nothing they could do to change that. It’s the cards life dealt them.
They also believed that they would get lucky with weight loss and the next fad they trusted would deliver on really fast and easy results.
I simply doesn’t work like that. You have to take responsibility for your body and life for things to change for the better.
So How Do You Improve Your Outlook And Benefit?
In my Quick Start guide, I give a lot of ways to improve your outlook and to empower you towards belief. Here are a few of my current favorites:
- Write your goals down daily. By writing your goals down each morning, you keep them fresh in your mind. By having them fresh, you always know what you’re working towards.
- Read inspirational books and stories. It’s pretty amazing how reading inspirational books or blogs and other stories can instill belief in you. It works really well.
- Have a proven plan to follow. If you have a plan to follow then you’ll believe that you can get results. It’s really that simple as well. If you try to go forward with no plan, you’ll simply get frustrated in a matter of days.
There are other things you can do like hanging out with like minded women and more. Make sure you subscribe to my blog and you can get the full Quick Start Guide.
If you have any other questions let me know.
Here is all the details about this particular study.