Out of all the body parts women ask advice about, legs and butt is up on top.
We all want a great butt: not too flat, not too big or wide and definitely not too smooshy. When it comes to legs… of course we want Heidi Klums… long, lean, toned and cellulite free.
I am tweaking my own butt and leg workout at the moment to accomodate those goals we all share, I call it “Project Apple Bottom” yes, even trainers have body parts we need to spend some extra time on, I was born with a flatty patty and now is the time to change it.
So without further ado, here is just one of my many killer butt and leg workout that I am currently doing. Try it out for yourself and give me feedback on how your tush and thighs feel the next morning!
SUPERSET LEG WORKOUT:
Directions: Each group is two exercises is one superset. Do the first exercise of the group then move to the second without a break, then rest for 60 seconds and repeat THAT superset. Do each superset 3 times.
1. Barbell Squat: 10-12 reps at 80% max. For beginners use body weight and for intermediate use dumbbells or barbell.
2. Smith Machine weighted lunge: (if no Smith Machine barbbell lunge is fine or dumbbells) 10 reps per leg. Complete 10 standing lunges on right leg before completing 10 on left. Make sure to take a wide stance and go low enough where the back knee almost touches the ground but not quite.
1. Back extension: 10 reps…if this is a new exercise I recommend using no weight. If you’ve used the slanted bench (back extenion bench) before try holding a plate on your chest with crossed arms. Bend until your head is perpendicular to the floor and squeezing your butt and legs sit up until your body is in a straight line.
2. Standard Deadlift: 10 reps (use much less weight then with squat), stand shoulder width apart, knees forward and barbell hanging straight down. Keep weight on your heels and slowly bend your knees, keeping the weight close to your legs almost as if the barbell is sliding down your thighs and shins until the weight is on the floor and slowly return to standing.
SUPERSET #3:The Last Leg of your Butt and Leg Workout!
1. Standing calf raise: 25 reps/leg. Stand off an raised surface with heels off. Hold on for stability and slowly raise up on tip toes, return to neutral.
2. Sumo Squat: 10-12 rep. Stand wider than shoulder width apart, feel pointed out to the sides. Hold a dumbbell in the middle and keeping toes out bend till thighs are parallel to floor. Make sure to keep your back straight and your abs tight!
I’m telling you ladies, this leg workout is awesome. Make sure to keep progressing with the weights and reps to keep results coming! Of course for more info on your leg workout you can visit the site!
*Check out Victoria’s Secret Suite above.