Quinoa Turkey Burgers With Mint
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp fresh mint
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Med Size Onion
- Pinch sea salt
For Yogurt Sauce
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tbsp Hummus
- 1 Baby Bell Cheese Wedge (optional)
- 2 Tsp Water
- Cook quinoa on stove in the 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil with lid on, lower to simmer and let cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove and put to the side.
- Turn your broiler on high, and lower the oven rack to bottom position.
- In a food processor put in all the burger ingredients except quinoa, pulse until evenly mixed. You might have to stop and scrape the sides.
- Slowly add in quinoa and pulse until just mixed.
- Use your hands to create patties and put on a baking sheet.
- Broil on each side for 6-7 minutes, so the slice test on a burger to make sure they are cooked through.
- Toss all the ingredients into a processor and blend. This will be dolloped on top of the burgers.