I am in the process of training for a “strong women’s competition” in April which means I am lifting HEAVY. Each workout I am putting my all into which of course means my rest is extremely important! Every workout is helping me to
get stronger and stronger and I am back on my game when it comes to keeping a good fitness diary during my workouts.
So with that, I want to share my workout with ya that I did. I have even included the weight that I used. My legs were sore the day of the workout, yesterday and even today! I had to take it easy on them today which means my chest and arms are going to kill tomorrow for sure!
Just a side note… this is not a beginner workout.
Creating A Bootylicious Tush Workout
This is a superset workout (two moves done back to back with little or no rest. Rest after the second move and then repeat the superset for a total of 3 sets before moving to the next superset.
- Barbell Side Squats (Thighs to parallel): All 3 sets of 8 Reps using 70 lb barbell
- Bench Press: 1. 85 lbs x 5 reps 2. 85 lbs x 5 reps; dropset 75 lbs x 4 reps 3. 75 lbs x 9 Reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlift: 1. 70 lbs x 12 reps 2. 90 lbs x 8 reps 3. 90 lbs x 10 reps (Ouch)
- Seated Row (free weight machine): 1. 100 lbs x 8 reps 2. 100 lbs x 10 reps 3. 100 lbs x 10 rep
- BB Curl to press: 1. 40 lb x 8 reps 2. 40 lbs x 8 reps 3. Curl only; 6 reps
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps at 20 lbs per leg
Again, did I mention I could barely walk yesterday? And today was not much better. I plan on upping my weight for everything on Sunday when I do it again.