I know what you might be thinking…
“Taylor, seriously, ANOTHER apple recipe?”
But hopefully, it’s more like…
“Yay Taylor! ANOTHER apple recipe! Whoo hoo!!!”
What can I say, I’ve been all about the apples this year! I even have a new oatmeal walnut apple cookie, I might share, if you want me to? Just let me know, otherwise I’ll take it as a sign to jump off the apple wagon and jump aboard the citrus and cranberry bus.
But today I have to share this apple recipe. Dan says it’s the best granola I have ever made, and I have to agree! This one was good, but this one is even better! Sprinkle on top of oatmeal, in yogurt, or do as I do…
Make a pumpkin pie shake, heat it up for 60 seconds and then sprinkle a bit of this on top!
It’s like breakfast soup! Delicious! I promise.
Spiced Walnut Apple Pie Granola
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup raisins (add more if desired)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp sunflower butter (can use almond or peanut butter if necessary)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss all the dry ingredients together. In another small bowl, blend all wet ingredients (I used a small food processor).
- Poor wet over dry and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour the mix onto a nonstick cookie sheet (or line with parchment paper) and cook for ~35 minutes. Lightly toss/stir every 10 minutes for even cooking.
- Allow to cool before storing.
Enjoy! If it looks good do a little Pintresting and spread the yummy word!
- What’s your favorite brand of granola?
I personally love the Vanilla Tahitian Granola that our local health food store (Earth Fare) makes. It’s amazing!