Sunday mornings in the Boyle house normally rock. It’s the one day of the week I get to wake up without an alarm clock… normally.
Unless you have a crazy cat who likes to remind you that by now you’re alarm has ususally gone off and you need to get out of the bed and play. It was even better since Dan and I were out celebrating a friends 30th birthday the night before and didn’t get home until 12:15am. The good news… at least I only had 1 beer the whole night, so no chance of a hangover for this girl!
Oh Nike, thanks a bunch for making me get up at 7:15 am.
On the flip side, I finally gave Zoe a hair cut (see it here), made a pot of coffee, actually took the time to cook my oats on the stove (so much fluffier than in the microwave) and even made Dan his favorite weekend breakfast:
Who doesn’t love French Toast? You’re just not American without a bit of French toast in your life. It’s the ultimate breakfast to show someone you care. And when you make it healthy with this recipe, you don’t just show them you care, you show them you freaking love them.
This particular recipe has the perfect dose of protein, complex carbs and health fats.. so there is no reason to feel guilty.
- 2 slices of Ezekiel bread (or you can use 2 slices of whole wheat)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Agave nectar
- Topping (Drizzle with honey, maple syrup or maple agave nectar)
- In a bowl whisk together: Egg, egg white, cinnamon, nutmeg, water and 1 tbsp agave.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on med-heat.
- Submerge each slice of bread in egg mix, give it a few seconds, turn it over for the other side. Repeat with other slice of bread.
- Place on the skillet and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from stove, place on plate and drizzle with desired topping.
It took Dan all of 5 minutes to eat this entire breakfast, I think that’s a sign that it was a great start to the day! And we needed it.
After breakfast, we tossed together a bag for the day because we had so much stuff going on!
We headed to the gym… got in this Killer Workout
Taylor’s Killer Workout
Part 1: Complete Mini-Circuit (tri-set) 3 rounds
- Deadlifts 18 reps with 65 lbs
- Squats 14 reps with 50 lbs
- Jump rope 100 reps
Part 2: Complete Mini Circuit 3 rounds
- Bench press 8 reps with 40 lb dumbbells
- Push-ups 10 reps
- Skull crushers 10 reps with 10 lb dumbbels
- Jump rope 100 reps
Part 3: Do each core exercise for 60 seconds
- Stability ball plank
- Superwoman hold
- Frog Sit-ups
From the gym we went to my parents house so that Dan could get his hair cut (my mom used to be a hair stylist), then out and about Mt Pleasant for some photos and filming.
Mt Pleasant Water Front Park
Back to my parents to enjoy Sunday dinner with the family. This included asparagus, corn on the cob, and beans for me… everyone else had the above foods but also had pot roast, which Dan said was really good!
Family time means getting to see my niece Lainey… and let me just say that she’s crawling now and is probably the cutest thing ever. The fact that I got to play with her and Martini made my Sunday!
From their house it was time for errands before heading back home to two impatient girls begging for food and water. What a Sunday!
- What is your favorite breakfast?
- Does your weekend breakfast differ from your weekday?