Good morning! Happy Sunday.
Things are moving a bit slow in the Boyle house this morning. We had plans to wake up and hit the beach for an early morning workout, however Dan is a bit incompacitated at the moment so we had to cancel.
You see, we had the great idea of going to the beach last night. The waves were suppose to be decent and since Dan hadn’t used his surf board in some time, we thought it was the perfect evening for him to ride some waves and for me to log a few miles.
No, I don’t surf. But I love watching him, I watch like a high school teenager cheering on her boyfriend. So proud and impressed.
My run was amazing! The wind was pretty crazy but since this was my half-way turn around view, I couldn’t complain.
This is not edited… straight from my iPhone & Posted on Instagram
Afterwards, Dan and I swam a bit before heading home.
Remember how I mentioned it has be awhile since Dan had been on his board? Well, he is feeling is this morning.
It’s amazing how great of shape you can be in, yet doing something new can simply destroy you.
My poor husband can barely stand up straight or turn his neck.
Adios morning beach workout. Instead, I have a feeling we’ll focus on some yoga and I might get to film workout #2 for our project.
Okay… so the fitness freak part.
Folly Beach is quite the tourist place, of course we got there at prime dinner/party time. Everyone was dressed up and walking around with a drink in their hand.
We were going to get a workout in. I think it’s safe to say our crazy party days are behind us…
We would much rather be doing something active.
This only solidified the idea that we are fitness freaks…
You Know You’re A Fitness Freak When…
- You limit your Friday nights to having just 1 drink so that you can wake up early Saturday morning for some sort of workout (long run for me).
- Your friends ask you for advice on what workouts they should be doing (yet the very rarely actually follow it).
- You have more than 1 pair of workout shoes and they all serve their own purpose.
- You find yourself checking sites like active.com and other fitness event websites during lunch breaks to see what you can add to your schedule.
- You have a workout schedule and you don’t let anything interrupt it. If the kids need to go someplace, they’ll have to wait until the workout is over.
- Deep down, you actually like burpees (but you would never admit this). Ok screw it… I love burpees. There, I said it.
- You love waking up with a sore butt, sore legs and especially sore abs. You think to yourself… wow, now that was a great workout! So what if sitting on the toilet hurts.
- You see a girl lifting a heavier weight than you and suddenly get competitive, thinking to yourself that it’s time to up your intensity.
- You see women using the machines: the kickback, the thigh adductor, etc and feel sorry for them.
- You have a cardio piece of equipment that you’ve claimed as yours at the gym. And you secretly get upset if someone is on it when you get there… how dare they.
- You track every single one of your workouts, yet can’t remember the last time you tracked a receipt.
- You know how many miles you’re shoes have endured and exactly when it’s time for a new pair.
- You buy more sports bras than sexy bras. And your closet has been over run with fitness tops.
- Instead of saying your legs are sore… you announce “I have a tight IT-Band” or “My hip flexors are so freaking tight” as if it’s just normal talk and everyone should know what you’re referring to.
- Foam rolling is a normal occurrence in your house, and you tell the neighbors to ignore the moaning they’ll inevitably hear.
You know you’re a fitness freak when… you would rather be doing something active (like running on the beach) than drinking a beer at a bar.
Hi… my name is Taylor and I AM A FITNESS FREAK.
What about you?
Can you think of anything else that makes us fit-freaks?