The Best Crockpot Turkey Meatloaf EVER
Yesterday I decided to try out meatloaf made in the crock pot and let me just say (not that I like to brag about my cooking) but it was the cat’s meow! Freaking delicious!
I stuck to my healthy portion but Dan consumed the entire thing at dinner! Kudos to me. And it was super easy. And what’s even more I went off from my normal meatloaf recipe because I was lacking a few of the ingredients.
Here’s what went into the crockpot turkey meatloaf:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 1/2 carrot shredded
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1/2 cup baby lima beans (frozen, but thawed)
- 2 tbsp organic tomato sauce
- 1 tsp each of: chopped rosemary. oregano, thyme
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
If you don’t have these veggies, pretty much anything works… bell peppers, spinach, even zucchini works well!
How To Make It
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and form into a meatloaf.
- Grab two 4 inch wide strips of Aluminum foil, and fold long ways, fold again, so that each strip is 1 inch. Lay these in an “X” shape on the bottom of your crockpot.
- Turn it on, put the meat in and close the lid. Cook for 6 hours, until cooked thoroughly and use the aluminum to pull out the meatloaf when it’s done.
I served it with a salad and quinoa. It was awesome! And such a great meal for a cold night.