I am not a mom yet, and to tell you the truth I simply can’t imagine the love between a mother and her child! It’s a special bond that just can’t be explained I guess…
I know most people claim they have the best mom, and I am no different. I am so blessed to have the support and love that she gives me. She is a strong and independent woman and has taught me so much about standing up for what you believe in and always doing your best.
No really… my parents got married (and are still married) right out of high school, neither of them went to college. They worked their asses off to make sure my brother and I always had the best of everything and made wonderful memories. My mom worked so hard that she became the first woman vice president at her bank… and the only vp to not have a college degree… wow! Can you tell I am proud?
A Few Memories:
- Heart shaped pb & j sandwiches… with sticky love notes in my lunch box
- Eater bunny tracks across the floor at Easter
- Masaging my legs after hard gymnastic workouts
- Stopping to get a YooHoo after the beach
- Spending hours baking Christmas Cookies
- Being told “I love you” every single night before bed
- Rushing up to Winthrop when I had the flu and was all by myself (3-hours away) just to buy me soup
I have to say that I was nervous when I announced to my parents that I didn’t want to pursue the whole med school course… that I wanted to become a trainer. But their true colors came out when they said “if that’s what makes you happy and that’s what you love to do then do it! We know you’ll be successful at your goals!”
I am the person I am today because of my mom and I justed wanted to break away from the fitness talk today to send her a special “I LOVE YOU”.
If you’re a mom then you deserve so much respect and admiration not just today but everyday because one thing I do know… being a mom NEVER stops. There is no vacation, no time off.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!