Vegan Black Bean Burger Recipe
I’ve been eating vegetarian now for three days and I am actually enjoying it! So far it’s allowed me to test out foods I normally wouldn’t make.
I enjoyed grilled mushrooms last night I love but never make (Dan doesn’t like them) and then tonight I made myself a black bean burger… OMG so good! Of course I grilled fish for Dan but these burgers took the same amount of time so it worked out perfectly.
The recipe I found (Ohsheglows.com) was for 8-patties I cut it down quite a bit to make just 4 patties.
- 1/4th of an onion diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Flaxseed meal mix (1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup black beans (mashed)
- 2 tbsp black beans, whole
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Heat your grill on medium (or oven to 350 degrees)
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all the ingredients except spices. Once mixed sprinkle spices in and mix gently to incorporate evenly.
- Use your hands to make 4 evenly sized patties.
- Toss on the grill for around 5-7/side until crispy on the outside.
Serve on top a salad, on a bun, or just by itself. I was really surprised at how great these came out!