A friend of mine gave me this recipe, it’s super easy and really healthy. Her husband is Italian so she gets amazing “Everyday Italian” meals well… everyday!
What you need:
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 Big can tomatoes
- 1 cup whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
What to do:
- Boil penne pasta until al dente (almost cooked but not quite all the way). Remove from stove, drain and set aside to cool. Once cooled down cut each penne into halves or thirds.
- Set large pot on stove and throw in all ingredients (except pasta), bring it to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Add pasta and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy! You can top with fresh basil, or a few whole wheat croutons.
The Benefits Of Cannelloni Beans:
White Beans are high in fiber… good to keep blood sugar in check, high in protein and a healthy carb choice. They are also a great help at reducing headaches, lowering cholesterol, and providing an energy boost! Cannellini beans are a high iron source as well… they have up to twice as much iron as beef! That’s huge.
I love beans and I always suggest to clients if they’re not in the mood for a heavy meaty meal to opt for beans.