My mom made her famous fudge like every Christmas… and like every Christmas I can’t turn it down. But since My training for competition season starts December 29th (the day after Dan’s birthday) that means I gotta get my butt moving and burning off the fudge, champagne and other holiday favorites!
Here’s a great fat burning and muscle toning workout that I did yesterday at the gym. I will do it again tomorrow with a few changes to add some variety to it all, of course.
It takes about 45 minutes from start to finish and it is pretty intense. Make sure to lift heavy with your moves… your goal is to get 8 reps for each move (unless otherwise stated).
HOHOHO Anti-Cookie Workout
- Barbell Lunges (with your front foot on top of a plate): Just lower down and up. Do all of one leg before switching to the other.
- Push-ups (25 reps)
- Overhead bench raises: Lay on a bench with a dumbbell extended up over your chest. Slowly lower the weight over your head and slightly down. Return to above your chest. Make sure to keep your arms just bent a little bit.
- Dips (off a dip bar): If dips are too difficult, start with the dip assistance machine and slowly work your way up.
- Bent Over Row (w/ dumbbells)
- Squat Jumps (15 reps)
- Upright rows: Use a pre-weighted barbell, these are shorter and easier to handle then a normal barbell.
- Calve Raises
- Seated Incline Dumbbell Curls
Try this workout the next time you hit the gym. If you don’t have equipment these moves are great because you can do them either with body weight (especially for beginners) or if you have exercise bands.